Friday, July 22, 2016

Rose and Elton

After 100 months of heart ache, countless tears, and praying all the time, wondering if God will ever hear our prayers, on May 11, 2016 we found out just how much God was listening. We got that call that we had been waiting on. We held our breath as the social worker said, its a 6 year old girl named Rose and a 5 year old boy named Elton. They are siblings and ready for adoption and you are the perfect fit. We cried and laughed and cried again. A friend, only a few weeks before, sent me a text that said to hold on to Jeremiah 29:11. Boy did that ring true on this day.


The social worker told us how amazing they are and how much everyone loved them. And they would not have picked just anyone to be their parents,we were the perfect match. The social worker sent the pictures, and as soon as we set our eyes on them we knew they were our children. Made for us, with those bright blue eyes and insanely blonde hair. We had an instant connection with them. We were hoping they would feel the same.
The sun was a little bright! 

Looking Dapper

Always smiling
It took a while for the shock to wear off! I did not stop crying for a week or more. Every time I thought of their little faces, I would cry then laugh then cry again.

On May 19th the day came, we finally got to meet our children for the first time. Bobby and I were both a ball of nerves. I don't think I slept the whole week anticipating this meeting. I had so many questions. What do we say? What will they think of us? Will they like us? What if they hate us? But all of those questions melted away the moment they walked in the door. They stared at us and we stared at them. Then all of the sudden Elton said to Bobby "How do you get those legs off and on?" What a great icebreaker! Bobby and I looked at each other and finally exhaled (I'm pretty sure we had both been holding our breath for like 60 seconds). 


The day we met


The day we met
From that moment on it felt like we were a family. When my mom said all those years ago that "one day you will get one exactly like you" I had no idea she would be this right! Rose is so me as a child. Fiercely independent, talkative, dramatic, loves to dance and sing and always right there to help. Elton is the complete opposite and also happens to be exactly like Bobby. A big thinker, quiet, loves tinkering with toys and how they work, huge dreamer, shy, helpful and absolutely loves to ride his bike. They are happy,  healthy and thriving! They are such amazing kids and we are so blessed to be their mom and dad! I still have to pinch myself to see if I am dreaming.

We cannot wait to be able to introduce them to our family and friends. They, of course, already love their Nana. She is the best Nana in the world according to Rose, and I agree. They also met Papaw and Mimi (Susan). Of course they think dad is hilarious and love to talk to Mimi.  I cannot wait for them to meet Brogan and Liam. I have a feeling they will become fast friends and have that cousin bond instantly. They are already Ohio State fans, Bobby made sure of that, and they cannot wait to meet all of their extended family for the first time.






Thank you so much for all of the support and encouraging words throughout the years. If there was ever a doubt we now know, He may not do what we want when we want, but God's timing is always perfect.















With love,

Bobby, Andrea, Rose & Elton

3 comments:

  1. Who knew all those many months ago how your lives would change. You both have been an inspiration to so many during this journey. And we could not be more happy to welcome Rise and Elton nto our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful news I've heard in such a long while! Welcome Rose and Elton! Bobby and Andrea, I'm so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News. Looking forward to seeing more of your family soon. Congrats to the four of you.--Shifletts

    ReplyDelete